Anzac Ice Cream Sandwiches by Matt Sinclair
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup golden syrup
½ cup coconut oil
½ tsp. BiCarb soda
1 tsp. salt.
1 litre coconut sorbet
1. Preheat oven to 180C (Fan forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine oats, coconut and brown sugar. Add egg and mix through to combine.
3. Over a low-medium heat, add the golden syrup and coconut oil and heat until melted and combined. Whisk in the bi carb soda and pour over oats mixture. Stir to combine all ingredients and season with salt.
4. Take 2 tablespoons of mixture and form a small circle in your hand, place onto prepared baking tray and repeat with remaining mixture. Ensure there is enough space between each on the tray to allow them to expand. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To assemble, place 1 scoop of coconut sorbet onto the underside of a biscuit. Working quickly, take another biscuit and sandwich the sorbet, pressing them together to evenly distribute the sorbet out to the edges. Place in the freezer until needed.